This is Kody Boye, the editor of The Fabled Crossroads. I'm posting this quick notice to let you know that Fraterfest, the October read-a-long of author Rhiannon Frater's books, has officially begun! From now until Monday the 8th, sixty bloggers (myself not included) will be taking part in a blog tour dedicated to Rhiannon's books. To find out more information, please click on the button below.
Now, without further ado, my challenge is...
NAME THAT VAMPIRE!
The goal of this challenge is to try and correctly name as many of the vampires or vampiric figures in this list as possible. There is only one right answer for each question.
In a TV series or film...
1. Who is the vampire that is named off of a winged creature?
2. Who is the vampress who was driven to insanity before she was killed and brought back to life as a vampire?
3. Where did the film 30 Days of Night take place?
4. What is the name of the foreign vampire film (and now the American remake) that was based off a Swedish novel?
5. Who wrote the novel that inspired the film Interview with the Vampire?
You thought fictional vampires were scary? Well, think again -- there were actually people in history who claimed to be vampires, who drank their blood, or whose habits resembled those of the undead.
6. Who was the man that inspired Bram Stoker to create Dracula?
7. Who was the woman who was called a vampire after she bathed in the blood of virgins?
8. Who was the Russian man (famed for his association with a royal family) who was rumored to be a vampire due to his supposed healing abilities after he cured a young boy of hemophilia?
9. What and when was the first vampire movie made?
10. What God in Greek mythology created the first supposed ‘vampire’ by cursing him so that his ‘skin would burn should it ever touch sunlight again?’
Now if you've got those questions answered, let us know a few things about vampires only you would know...
B. If you had to pick to be in a world where vampires were violent and eagerly hunted and killed humans, which would it be and why? (Can be any fictional world from a book, movie, TV series, play, etc.)
C. If you had to pick only one traditional item to protect you from a vampire (cross, garlic, holy water, etc.,) what would it be and why?
You may leave all your answers below with the corresponding numbers in your comment below.
Thank you for participating in the Name that Vampire! challenge on The Fabled Crossroads for Fraterfest 2012! If you love horror fiction with vampires, zombies, or any matter of creatures, consider purchasing some of Rhiannon Frater's novels on Amazon.com! For your participation in this event, one winner (chosen at random via a number generator) will receive their choice of a copy of Pretty When She Dies, The Last Bastion of the Living or The Tale of the Vampire Bride in their preferred format. Winners will be announced on Tuesday, October 9th.
Tweet about Fraterfest with the hashtag (#) #Fraterfest and follow Rhiannon at @RhiannonFrater.